Legal Manager Cambodian Commercial Bank Ltd.
Phnom Penh · May 2018 - Present • Study and advise Management and the relevant units on legal issues relating to daily banking activities, operations and products in compliance with local regulations/laws and Bank’s policy and dealing with customers.
• Review and ensure that the bank standard legal documentation is legally binding, valid and enforceable and complies with the standard of SCB and laws and regulations in Cambodia. It also provides legal opinions for non- standard documentation.
• Draft and check the legal conformity of the legal documents, economic documents and proxies, the legality of entering credit contract, mortgaged contracts and other relevant contracts.
• Provide legal consultancy, plans, process to Management and coordinate with NPL recovery team to handle NPL and collateral including but not limited to negotiate, file claims, auction mortgage assets or restructure indebted business in accordance with laws and internal regulations of the Bank.
• Represent the Bank in disputes between the Bank and other entities at Court, Enforcement Agency, Auction Center and the competent state authorities.
• Support the implementation, giving professional guidance on debts handling to the related departments.
• Other assignment as directed by Management.