Human Resource Specialist United States Patent & Trademark Office (U.S. PTO)
Alexandria, Virginia · November 2010 - November 2020 • Implemented effective HR policies to ensure all practices are in compliance with labor and employment regulations.
• Provided practical information to organizations on how to develop HR policies and procedures, and ensure employees understand the rules and policies in the workplace.
• Directly engaged with all hiring processes by coordinating with job postings on the website, reviewing resumes, transcripts, performed telephone interviews, and reference checks.
• Prepared new-hire orientation, salary, benefit packets, employee handbooks with updated resolutions, and other pertinent information as needed.
• Provided benefit programs to employees and managements; directing the processing of benefit claims.
• Managed employees leave-of-absence program, personnel records, and administered the benefits enrollment program.