1. POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Procurement Director leads the company procurement department and a team of site purchasers mobilized on the company construction projects. The Procurement Director guides the company purchasing process and brings his expertise in supply-chain and logistics management for the implementation of cost-effective purchases and the negotiation and execution of the subcontracted works.
Ensuring best value is obtained through detailed cost analysis, identification of risks and opportunities and implementation of solutions including the use of internal and external resources, relevant to the project technical constraints, budget and planning and in full compliance with the Company policies and procedure, will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
- Lead all procurement and logistic activities of the company for the on-going projects, in line with the standard of procedures for the procurement department.
- Lead all procurement activities, suppliers’ requests for quotation and sub-contractors bid package for tender projects, in line the company strategy and culture for the implication of suppliers and subcontractors, and in compliance with the standards of procedure for the tender projects.
- Assist the architect, tender and engineering team for the preparation of tender proposal, preparation and submission of sub-contractors bid packages, lead the subcontractors post-tender clarifications, ensure compliance of the sub-contractors submissions with the project budget, timeline and technical constraints.
- Prepare and communicate the procurement schedule for on-going projects, integrate the procurement conditions into the project programme of works.
- Investigate, analyse and communicate specific procurement / delivery conditions allowing better compliance with the project construction schedule.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of the subcontracted works, prepare and execute the subcontract agreements.
- Collect and treat the sub-contractors claims, variation orders, progress payment certificates as well as all the sub-contractors commercial and contractual submissions.
- Place orders, ensure on-time deliveries, control the quality of the deliveries and manage the suppliers and subcontractors after-sales claims.
- Manage the construction budgets for material for the on-going projects.
- Prepare and communicate cost monitoring reports, cost comparison forms and suppliers and subcontractor’s performance assessment forms.
- Assist the project management teams for the identification of critical works, anticipate related issues and propose and implement solutions to overcome such issues. Initiate efficient and time-wise communication with the client and submission of notices and claims to ensure best-value is obtained for such specific situations.
- Assist the project management teams for the good and efficient execution of the works onsite, monitoring of the subcontractor’s progress.
- Establish course of action to accomplish goals, develop schedule and lead multiple activities at once by effectively utilizing available resources.
- Ability to read and combine construction drawings, diagrams and specifications. Ability to provide technical expertise on materials and construction methods.
- Full knowledge of project management tools and documentation specific to construction projects and construction delivery methods. Familiarity with construction contracts general clauses and specific terms and conditions (both for build only and design and build contracts).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to build key relationships across all stakeholders of the projects, as well as with recurrent partners.
- Education: Bachelor Degree and/or Master Degree in Business administration, project management and entrepreneurship or procurement and supply chain management and related fields.
- At least 7 years of experience in procurement/supply chain management.
- Relevant experience in construction sector will be a major asset for your application.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, Excel, Microsoft Project, and other Enterprise Resources Planning computerized system.
- Ability to understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Working time : 8:00am-5:00pm
- Working day : Monday - Saturday (Half day)
- Holiday : Under the National Law