Manager, Database Administration is responsible for the implementation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and performance of critical Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). Their main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various critical IT applications.
2. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install database software (DBMS) and provide proper configuration on it for use;
Database performance tuning & optimization: monitor databases for performance issues analysis;
- Handle ongoing updates, patches on the DBMS software;
- Responsible for Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) requirement from related department;
- Database Backup and Recovery: create backup and recovery plans and procedures based on industry best practices, then make sure that the necessary steps are followed;
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement;
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems;
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours;
- Self-security awareness and Identify potential weakness of the database software and WBF overall system and work to minimize the risks;
- Setting up access control management of database security.
- DBAs control who has access and what type of access they are allowed;
- Manage the growth of database size & forecast the future growth for storage capacity preparation;
- Implement tools and technologies to optimize the performance and process automation of DBMS failover between DC & DR both planned & unplanned activities;
- Ensure audit trails properly recorded and be able to analyses or investigate on any issue.
3. REQUIREMENT COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor degree in IT, MIS, System Engineering majoring in database programming;
- At least 3 years of experience as DBA or similar role;
- Prefer MCSA in Database Administration and/or Certification in Oracle DBA;
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO);
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
Experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server & Oracle;
- Experience with Windows server, including Active Directory;
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success;
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills;
- Good time-management skills;
Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working day: 5 days/ week from 8AM - 5PM
- Address: Head Office, Building #398, Preah Monivong Blvd, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Boeung Keng Kang , Phnom Penh.
- We offer competitive remuneration package and opportunity for career and personal development.