Inventory Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee inventory and supply chain management at our cross-docks.
- Perform inventory tasks to ensure the correct number of items are in stock.
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts. Generate, prepare and file financial inventory reports and review reports daily with the team.
- Review documentation and monitor product movement to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records.
- Review open orders on a daily basis. Meet deadlines, be proactive, communicate effectively, and ensure all IC duties are handled in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain the accuracy of the physical inventory at the cross-docks. Ensure that cycle counts are being conducted on a timely and regular basis.
- Communicate margin issues to buyers and follow up for timely response.
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs.
- Analyze and determine reasons for negative inventory and margins.
- Nurture positive relationships with our 3PLs and buyers, and provide customer service as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED. BA/BS Degree or equivalent in Inventory Control, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of related experience in warehousing, retail, wholesale, or logistics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good customer service skills. Good with office software and apps.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic environment. Impeccable organization and efficiency skills. Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks.
- Strong attention to details, team player and high work ethic.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.