Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero Headquarters in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Global eCommerce Capabilities Specialist to drive the development of digital services and solutions to enable the strategic growth of eCommerce channel.
The person should act as trusted partner for the local markets to identify business needs, and collaborate with other functions (e.g. IT, Organization, Marketing,…) to define and implement programs to improve our way-of-working and facilitate eCommerce growth.
- Defining the key eCommerce capabilities and technologies needed to enable the Group eCommerce vision and strategy and the achievement of business aspiration;
- Understanding the key business requirements (global and local) connecting with Local eCommerce Teams, Area Teams and Group eCommerce Team to capture key insights and current and future needs;
- Shaping a strategic roadmap for the deployment of key digital services and capabilities across global geographies, in collaboration with the cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. IT, Organization, etc.);
- Sharing the vision & roadmap with senior management in the eCommerce function and other relevant stakeholders across the organization;
- Coordinating and support local BUs in the roll out phase of new systems (e.g. representing Group eCommerce in ad-hoc task forces);
- Keeping track of implementation, developing assessments and gap analyses to identify any issues, opportunities and areas of intervention;
- eContent tools (e.g. PIM): support the integration with local business and trade environment, understanding specificities and possible adjustments;
- Ensure cross-functional communication and coordinating international matrix Teams related to the different projects.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 3-5 years of full time experience;
- Previous experience in eCommerce is mandatory;
- Experience with digital services or eCommerce-related technologies (e.g. PIM/DAM, CRM, Data management etc.);
- Project management experience ideally in articulated matrix organizations;
- Previous experience in FMCG is a plus
- Project management skills, ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives within scheduled timelines;
- High flexibility and result orientation;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Capabilities to influence key functions & stakeholders;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- Proactive attitude & initiative.
- Excellent skills with MS Office required (especially Powerpoint and Excel);
- Knowledge of eCommerce/digital tools a strong plus (e.g. PIM/DAM, CRM, Data management etc.).
- Proficiency in English is mandatory;
- Any other language is a plus.