We are building a new global transport management system for road transportation called RoadLOG. The primary goal of the project is to introduce new standard processes that will improve operational productivity and visibility. This is distributed agile project with 5 Kanban teams in 4 locations (Estonia, Bulgaria, France, and Germany). Altogether more than 50 people are working on this project.
- Develop a Java-based Transport Management System for road logistics
- Design and implement automated test-cases for your code
- Write Clean Code and refactor!
- Take responsibility for quality and long-term maintainability of the developed software
- Work collaboratively on definition, specification and design of a modular and integrated software product
- Build solid knowledge in road logistics business domain
- Deliver functional and technical documentation when appropriate
- System maintenance, support of application rollouts and operations
Your Skills and Experiences
- 5+ years of active software development experience ( We are using Java 8, Maven, Oracle, Hibernate, Jenkins )
- Academic degree of computer sciences or equivalent education/knowledge
- You love to refactor code, but not so much that you can't remember anymore what you wanted to implement in the first place.
- It would be nice if you also understand the mechanics behind the agile methodologies and trust in self-organization.
- We would be absolutely excited if you like to pair program
- You feel proud but also responsible for the things you create
- You are fluent in English