The Legal Support Management - Associate may be responsible for delivery of one or more functions with a focus on a specific Practice Group or Region in Corporate Legal.
We are currently hiring an experienced, highly skilled transactional lawyer to support the Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team to assist with transactional related matters. The responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating confidentiality agreements
- Assist with due diligence review and deal closing deliverables
- Assist with drafting various other corporate law transactional documents
- Conduct legal research and analyze laws, regulations and developments
- Actively assist and support attorneys with M&A matters
- Engage in other special projects as needed
- Law Degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years of Mergers and Acquisition (M&A) and corporate law experience in a major law firm and/or financial institution..
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and in writing - required.
- Prior experience working on legal documentation governed by U.S. state law (such as NY) preferable.
- Excellent organizational skills - required.
- Self-starter and pro-active - required.
- Experience or interest in financial services regulation - preferable.
- Knowledge of the U.S. legislative and banking holding company regulatory process -preferable.
- Working knowledge of legal search engines, including Westlaw/Lexis Nexis - preferable.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.