How will you make an impact?
The Director, GBS Global Process Lead – Record to Report will play a key leadership role, in defining and driving end-to-end optimal process design efforts across the Record to Report (R2R) workstream. The role is responsible for creating the vision, strategy, and roadmap execution for R2R. They will also be responsible for collaborating with Accounting Operations, Group/Division controllers, Compliance, Internal Audit, PPI, Automation, IT and other key stakeholders within the Finance organization to ensure effective and efficient process operations and identification and leverage of cross-process synergies. This role serves as a key enabler to our R2R productivity targets and will partner with a range of stakeholders including, GBS Shared Services Operations, IT, PPI and Automation.
What will you do?
- Own and manage the end-to-end process taxonomy for Record to Report
- Partner with workstream leaders across the GBS Shared Service Centers to drive sustainable end-to-end process improvements globally that align with business strategy
- Establish and maintain an appropriate accounting control environment within GBS Shared Services Operations
- Assess and articulate business requirements, analyzes design options and proactively seek out and assess process simplification and standardization opportunities
- Responsible for end to end General ledger/Consolidations/Intercompany process design of the month end close processes
- Define a strategic end-state that improves the speed of the current Close process and enhances control and governance mechanism, increases transparency and reliability of data, and is nimble enough to timely react to changes in regulatory standards
- Participate in Productivity Governance Program including weekly workstream meetings along with Operations, PPI, Automation and IT
- Drive global deployment and adoption of a standard end-to-end process within and across Shared Service Centers whilst minimizing the requirement for customization as required
- Collaborate with the Operations teams to ensure resources are properly trained on processes, policies, and systems
- Own and manage the definition of GBS Shared Services KPI metrics and SLA portfolio for the R2R cycle
- Own and manage R2R enabling technology (Blackline) roadmap and solutions and ensure optimal use of existing systems
- Lead ongoing policy governance and compliance
- Solid work experience in senior management, Director level experience with/within a shared services environment or in a consulting capacity
- CPA or Strong Accounting background preferred
- Proven ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership both internally and externally, and influence peers and senior management in a complex, geographically dispersed matrix organization
- Self-directed, dynamic and customer-centric change-agent who thrives in a challenging and changing environment
- Highly collaborative; aligns effectively with colleagues and business partners to deliver results while maximizing the success of all contributors
- Skilled communicator and proven relationship builder, able to operate within a multitude of formal and informal networks while managing the competing interests of varied stakeholders
- Champions productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and has a commitment to continuous learning
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Business acumen to develop effective partnerships with key stakeholders and provide a strategic perspective in discussions and communications; including framing the needs of Finance and Groups in context of the larger Thermo Fisher organization