When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position will be located in our Budapest center of excellence.
How will you make an impact?
The SAP ABAP developer will be accountable in analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processes or to improve existing systems. Provides technical knowledge, system design techniques, methodologies, tools, and standards utilized in the IT and business environment.
As a key member of the SAP team, provide support to the business community for SAP in the ABAP Technical Development area. This includes all new projects and enhancements as well as production support across all functional areas within SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- SAP ABAP certification is beneficial
- 2 to 5 years SAP ABAP development experience in SAP ECC 6.0 and SAP S/4HANA
- Completed at least 1 full SAP cycle implementation
- Proven ability utilizing BADI’s, BAPI’s, LSMW, ALE, RFC calls, IDOC, BDC, business objects, classes and methods, Adobe Forms, Smart Forms, SAPScripts, Data Dictionary, ALV
- Experience with implicit and explicit enhancements, screen exits, and menu exits
- ABAP debugging skills, workflow experience
- Technical knowledge in Fiori, UI5 and OData is beneficial
Tool & Technology Skills
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure environment with changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Self-managing and self-motivating; able to meet customer deadlines and expectations
- Hands on experience in OData services, development, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of NetWeaver 7.0 experience is beneficial
- Knowledge of BI is beneficial
- Experience with other programming languages, such as Java, XML, is beneficial
- Knowledge of SAP HANA Platform, Code to Data paradigm, Eclipse platform are beneficial