Record to report (R2R) Accounting Expert
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s).
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely and qualitative execution of Accounting Operations for Record to Report (R2R) according to the defined activity split.
- Responsible for monitoring operations of the service delivery of R2R activities and monitoring key process metrics that measure performance.
- Be and act as the senior expert, leading some functional areas within the team and providing guidance to other colleagues.
- Steer, actively participate and contribute at and to R2R communities through global calls and other media.
- Interact with key business functions (e.g. Controlling, Procurement, Product Supply, Legal, Financial Accounting etc.) to ensure proper accounting for the particular areas of operation.
- Ensures operational effectiveness of the internal control system relevant to the preparation and presentation of the Financial Statements
- Contribute to global as well local projects, legal entities and system mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
- Challenge Status quo on business requirements following the ""fit for purpose"" concept, adding value through consultancy, solutions proposals and complexity reductions.
- Identify opportunities on business requirements based on the ""fit for purpose"" concept, adding value through consultancy, solutions proposals and complexity reductions.
- Identify possible issues and subsequently manage changes. Perform and use escalation management.
- Support optimization projects and continuous improvement initiatives in order to improve quality and efficiency
- Conduct training activities
- Identify training needs within the team
Qualifications and skills
- Very good knowledge of:IFRS standards
Knowledge of the principles of consolidating financial reports,
Knowledge of the "Intercompany" transaction,
Knowledge of SAP
- Ability to prepare and conduct training,
- English C1, German minimum B2 would be an advantage
- Experience in cooperation with auditors.
- Professional experience:With 5+ years of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Controlling or relevant experience & demonstrated understanding in external reporting / auditing.
With 5+ years demonstrated high ability to work through ambiguity and usage of sound judgment in making decisions.
Good level of understanding of Accounting or Steering Concepts.
Advanced level of knowledge of technical accounting, and financial reporting in a corporate environment according to IFRS.
What do we offer?
- Contract of employment in a stabile company
- Attractive salary with wide range of benefits
- Possibility of participation in multinational & challenging projects
- Possibility of development in a company that is a leader in its branch