Responsibility As part of the Hydro Hydrogen Development team, you will join an industrial venture and play a pivotal part in creating a sustainable future.
With your natural technical authority, you will actively develop the technical organization and projects resources competence on electrolyser and auxiliary systems.
On our side, we promise that you will become part of an inclusive and collaborative team with a strong team mentality.
Hydro's hydrogen company will have the following technology interfaces:
- Development of hydrogen production solutions (including balance of plant) for customers inside Hydro
- Development of hydrogen production solutions for external customers in industry and transportation
- Work closely with OEMs and suppliers in the value chain including for the supply of renewable power
- And as a key leaver to create value, work closely with our strategic partners
As Head of Hydrogen Technology your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead the global technology activities of Hydro Hydrogen, as part of the Development management team
- Build and manage a technology team to work closely with the commercial and project business areas
- Develop our strategic approach, technical roadmap and playbook across hydrogen technologies
- Ensure Hydro Hydrogen has the technical authority over electrolysers, safety and auxiliary systems
- Clear internal communication with the senior management team and other key stakeholders
- Lead early phase engineering and technology development programmes
- Develop deep partner, supplier and customer engagement.
- Deep and leading knowledge of electrolysers, auxiliary systems and BOP
- University degree in engineering/industrial economics or equivalent
- Practical experience developing hydrogen electrolysers and hydrogen balance of plant systems
- 10-year experience from leading roles in the energy value chain, renewables or decarbonization
- Experience from technology strategy processes and technology development programs
- A robust understanding of the performance and economics of hydrogen electrolysis
- Deep insight across hydrogen technologies including storage, transportation and conversion
- Availability to travel to meet start-ups, suppliers, partners and clients and to conduct site visits
- Experience working with joint industry programs and funding applications is an advantage
- Operational experience with electrolyser plant and hydrogen consumption assets is an advantage
- Experience with power markets and design for flexibility and balancing services is an advantage
- Knowledge with interfacing energy technologies such as solar and batteries is an advantage
- Experience in working with fuel synthesis or hydrogen derivatives is an advantage
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Norwegian and Portuguese is an advantage
We believe that you’re good fit for this role if you combine an analytical and structured approach with a strategic and commercial mindset. You communicate effectively to make an impact and successfully build networks and partnerships. Others perceive you as open, collaborative, and trustworthy.