Digital Hub Senior Staff Software Engineer
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Digital Hub Senior Staff Software Engineer
On this position you will be responsible for:
- Work as part of an agile development team to build and support applications.
- Work with the team and product manager to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features.
- Develop applications and services using the right tool for the job and conduct functional and non- functional testing.
- Consistently contribute to solving organization-wide problems including shared platforms, libraries, and frameworks.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Deploy applications across all environments in collaboration with the development team, product management, and delivery.
- Champion code quality including unit and integration testing.
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features.
- Develop any technical documentation needed to accurately represent application design and code.
- Identify opportunities to develop new and better solutions.
- Anticipate and address technical and organizational obstacles affecting your own team and teams within the domain platform.
- Provide guidance for technical design and architecture decisions within and across teams.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new technologies.
- Mentor other people and teams on technologies, techniques or standards across the organization.
- Be an advocate for software engineering with other groups inside of Bayer Crop Science.
- Build relationships with key members of partner organizations.
We would expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience (Masters +8 or Doctorate +6) in solving technical problems in three or more of the following areas:Single page web application development
Unix/Linux environment management
Cloud based continuous delivery and environment management
Mobile application development
Micro-service design and development
Large, distributed system development
Processing and analyzing large data sets
- Minimum 5 years designing cloud-based software solutions.
- Practical experience and deep understanding of industry practices, engineering, concepts, and standards.
- Expertise in at least one technology or facet of product development (research, design, programming, testing).
- History of influencing technical approach across organizations.
- Very good spoken and written English skills (B2/C1) and communication skills.
In the exchange we will offer you:
- Purposeful work: You will work on various innovative projects that will help farmers in their everyday work, fulfilling our mission: Hunger for None
- Learning and development: We offer generous allowances for conferences and trainings. You will also have personal development dialogues, with an international career path.
- Special family support: Bayer is a family friendly company. Our offices are equipped with mother & baby rooms.
- Work-life balance: We offer flexible working hours and extensive home-office possibilities.
- International, inclusive & open working environment: You will collaborate with our diverse teams all over the world from the different areas and domains in an inclusive and supportive environment
- Benefits and remuneration: We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages that includes pension plan, private medical care- VIP package with a full-time employment contract
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.