“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Description of work:
Conduct geo-spatial analysis of agricultural data for R&D and production use cases. Build spatial models and handle spatial data and associated QC procedures. Work with a variety of environmental data to improve the understanding of geographies as they pertain to Bayer’s core business goals. Leverage classical statistical modeling techniques from experimental designs, generalized linear mixed models and predictive regression models. Build and maintain machine learning tools to improve existing processes and create opportunities for new model applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop, test and production advanced analytical methods in the agricultural domain
- Collaborate with data scientists/engineers/stewards on data extraction and data cleaning
- Design, implement and optimize statistical and machine learning models based on structured and unstructured data
- Work closely with the software engineering team, data engineers and business representative in the delivery of analytic software
We would expect from you :
- PhD/master’s in Geospatial Science, mathematics, statistics, computer engineering or a related field
- Expert in Python or R with working knowledge
- Statistics courses/publications/proven expertise as a plus
- Good knowledge on analytics algorithms and statistical concepts
- Highly knowledgeable in current technologies and open source solutions and be self-driven and able to deliver technical work on schedule within an environment
- Proficient in machine learning algorithms and concepts and possess the ability to work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment
In the exchange we will offer you:
- Purposeful work: You will work on various innovative projects that will help farmers in their everyday work, fulfilling our mission: Hunger for None
- Learning and development: We offer generous allowances for conferences and trainings. You will also have personal development dialogues, with an international career path.
- Special family support: Bayer is a family friendly company. Our offices are equipped with mother & baby rooms.
- Work-life balance: We offer flexible working hours and extensive home-office possibilities.
- International, inclusive & open working environment: You will collaborate with our diverse teams all over the world from the different areas and domains in an inclusive and supportive environment
- Benefits and remuneration: We offer attractive salaries and benefits packages that includes pension plan, private medical care- VIP package with a full-time employment contract
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.