Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- Plans project on-site activities with Project Manager including necessary local resources, equipment and milestones. Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization and policy.
- Responsible, from receiving the assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over to the end customer on completion day, for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
- Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the Hitachi ABB Power Grids H&S plan. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. Empowered to suspend any activities on site (be it by Hitachi ABB Power Grids personnel or by subcontractors) in case of OHS violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk.
- Ensures correct handling, storage and installation of Hitachi ABB Power Grids delivered equipment, coordinating on-site storage as well as shipment logistics to secure timely site delivery of equipment
- Manages the sub-contractors on site hired by Hitachi ABB Power Grids to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
- Controls project cost for the project site work, monitors actual spend against forecasts, and estimates final cost for the same. Manages the petty cash and has delegated authority for local purchasing within agreed limits.
- Ensures all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site.
- Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Coordinates local accommodation, site facilities, office equipment, petty cash, etc.
- A degree in Industrial or Mechanical engineer.
- More than 6 years of experience in similar position.
- Intermediate English is required
- Sound knowledge of substation, field experience.
- Workplace: Lima-Perú