Seeking an exceptional project manager, collaborator, and solution-oriented thinker with 3-5 years experience to support the Systems Division as we grow to support more farmers through our Core Program and new business units.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 5 years
ABOUT THE ROLE
The biggest responsibility of the Systems Division (or operations team) is to ensure that everything is in place to deliver inputs (seed, fertilizer, solar, phones) to farmers 2 times per year. This includes (1) ordering inputs ahead of the season, (2) receiving and ensuring they meet requirements, (3) setting up our data and documentation for the season, (4) getting these inputs to farmers and back to our warehouses, (5) responding to client concerns through our hotline, and (6) conducting reconciliation and fraud investigations after each season. As the Rwanda program grows, the Systems Division is also increasing our support to new programs in Rwanda that operate differently.
- You will be reporting to the Head of Operations for Rwanda (we refer to this as "Systems Lead"). You will work closely with her on a range of projects to further the goals of the team. These exact responsibilities will change over time depending on the needs.
- You will initially begin with no management responsibilities. However, you will take on at least 1 and up to 4 direct reports over time, based on the department needs and your interests.
- Serve as the Rwanda team's representative to our Global Tech team to develop technologies that better serve our farmers and field teams
- Lead the input (seed/fertilizer/solar/etc) ordering process end to end (from creating projections to final delivery to our warehouses)
- Manage innovations within our distribution to increase efficiency and reduce risks.
- Serve as the point-person for compliance related matters within the Systems division, including certification
- Identify strategies and take on projects to help Systems effectively serve other Teams
- Over time, undertake management responsibilities as agreed upon by you and the Rwanda Systems Lead
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters Degree preferred
- 5 years total work experience, including 3 years of experience in Rwanda in senior roles. Note that people without these criteria will not be considered.
- Someone able to full own projects, and really drive projects forward independently.
- Communication and critical thinking skills - We are looking for someone who can quickly identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely.
- Understand complex concepts quickly and learn fast! - We are looking for someone who can step into any situation and start adding value very quickly.
- Logical thinker and comfort with analysis - We are looking for someone who is a structured thinker and can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations
- English required. Kinyarwanda strongly desired.