Seeking exceptional financial planning and analysis professionals with 2-3 years work experience to serve in a position that focuses financial and strategic analysis across functions and departments.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
About the Role
The Finance Advisory Services (FAS) team is made up of in-country and global associates who are the trusted advisors to organizational leadership teams in the area of financial strategy, sustainability and scale. Taking vast amounts of financial data from budgets, spending patterns and projected work plans, FAS provides concise, relevant advice around how to allocate scarce resources to best achieve the country's scale revenue, and impact. goals. The goal of our small group of financial consultants is complete financial sustainability to increase impact.
To help achieve this, the Global FAS Specialist will work across departments on accounting, budgeting, and quantitative analysis to give strategic advice. We are looking for someone good with numbers with a background in accounting. This a career track role where you will learn valuable skills in finance and accounting as well develop a management consulting toolkit. You will report to the Global Finance and Strategy Manager.
Budgeting and cost control:
- You will work with Global Department Heads to set annual budgets and manage monthly BVA process
- You will provide important assessment of all budgets and cost projections and conduct cost-benefit analyses for individual departments and the organization as a whole through examining current spending, financial forecasts, and overall goals to make recommendations and guide decisions.
- You will work with department heads to strategize ways to maximize cost efficiency at all levels without compromising quality and will roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goal
- you will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers
- You will present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in compelling arguments
Monthly Payroll QC:
- You will conduct monthly payroll review of field and HQ staff and explain variances compared to previous month and compared to budget
- You will provide a high-level explanation of the variances to the CD prior to approving the payment request
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years work experience. Examples include experience in management consulting, working as a business or finance analyst.
- Good with numbers and providing quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Experience in financial modeling
- Strong skills in Excel (can perform complex functions).
- Experience with process design and implementation.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Language: English