Seeking an experienced Ombuds, who will mediate employee conflict and investigate conduct complaints and resolve them, usually through recommendations and/or mediation. The Ombuds will also actively support our organizational DEI goals and vision.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
While the Global Ombuds will be first and foremost involved in staff mediation work, they will have a number of other responsibilities, which may take up a greater or lesser percentage of the Global Ombuds' bandwidth, depending on the caseload of staff mediation cases.
A. Staff Mediation (60%)
- Resolve cases of bias, staff conflict, micro-aggressions through mediation, training, and recommendations.
- Ensure confidentiality and fairness in resolving cases
B. Awareness & Training (15%)
- Lead programs and communication to increase all staff awareness of and access to reporting channels.
- Shape the organizational culture we want at OAF through preventative training and other interventions.
- Ensure that staff view the Ombuds and reporting channels as accessible, trusted, and unbiased.
C. Identify trends and support systemic solutions (10%)
- Analyze case data, draft reports, and make recommendations.
- Advocate for any necessary changes to organizational structures, plans, or processes to ensure that One Acre Fund is building the culture we want.
- Provide support scoping or implementing relevant DEI projects.
D. Stakeholder Management (Community of Practice leadership) (15%)
- Delegate cases to and support in-country mediators / staff-liaison officers
- Offer performance support and professional development resources to in-country mediators
- Build knowledge of the Ombuds services and gain a better understanding of staff sentiment by attending regional meetings and country-level leadership meetings
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5 or more years of experience in mediation/Ombuds/conflict resolution work
- 3+ years of experience in any of our countries of operation
- 2+ years in management
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, diverse workplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience in corporate Culture or DEI work, or experience in the legal field is a plus.
- English is required, knowledge of French/Swahili/Kinyarwanda/Kirundi/Chichewa/Amharic is preferred.