I. General Background
The Entrepreneurship Development Fund (EDF) is a government trust fund established under Prakas of the Ministry of Economy and Finance. EDF aims to manage and mobilize resources to support the development of a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem in Cambodia and to provide financial and nonfinancial support to entrepreneurs, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), startups and partnered ecosystem builders who drive any innovative activity that create value- added in the economy.
Khmer Enterprise (KE) is an implementation unit of the Entrepreneurship Development Fund, with an administrative autonomous, in charge of implementing EDF’s support programs and working directly with partners and beneficiaries in the ecosystem. The support programs include (1) Capacity upgrading, (2) networking, (3) entrepreneurial culture promotion and (4) seed funding. Governance and program implementation are stipulated in Operational Manual.
II. Why work with us
- Being a part of vibrant entrepreneurship ecosystem enablers and connect with startups, SMEs and business associations networks locally and internationally
- Working with the latest technology trend
- Our incentive scheme is a performance-based culture with competitive remuneration. Renumeration: A Competitive renumeration package shall be based on work experience and qualifications.
III. Job Description
Entrepreneurship Development Officer
Term: Rolling 12 months' contract with a probation period of three (3) months. The contract will be extendable based on satisfactory performance in the preceding of contract assessment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design, formulation, and implementation of the entrepreneurship development programs
- Support the annual budget planning of the division
- Evaluate and negotiate the program proposal in relation to business capacity upgrading and develop funding recommendation
- Counsel support seekers on funding requests and other supporting portfolio on SMEs digital adoption, mentorship, and business advisory
- Do due diligent on support seeker entity and review project partnership proposals
- Preparing memorandum of understanding (MOU) and agreement for partnership programs
- Collaborate and facilitate with partner institutions in implementing the programs
- Monitor progress of funding program, and ensure that all fund requirements are met including review of progress in achieving key performance indicators and expenditure reports as needed
- Prepare program implementation report and identify success stories of the programs
- Other tasks assigned by manager
- At least Bachelor’s degree in business administration, entrepreneurship, economics, and related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in project planning, project management, budget planning, and stakeholder management
- Have fundamental knowledge of SMEs and Startup ecosystem in Cambodia
- Be able to use enterprise management system and monitoring system
- Background in private sector development, enterprise formulation, SMEs/Startup development and/or market system development would be an asset
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver effective results
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving
- Good command in Khmer and English