The Maverick project is a new project focused on improving the healthcare of Lao ethnic girls, young women, and couples by increasing access to healthcare information and better-quality services to lead healthier, happier lives. This will occur through multifaceted programming that considers the individual needs for health communications in their own language, linked with quality healthcare and community-based support. PSI/Laos will apply a human-centered design (HCD) approach to work alongside ethnic group (EG) girls and young women to understand their unique barriers to accessing healthcare information and services and to co-design appropriate solutions. HCD is a process for arriving at detailed activities and transformative solutions. The Program and Research Officer will be based in Vientiane Capital and travel to the provinces regularly and is going to report to Maverick Project Manager.
- Support Maverick Healthcare Project in designing the project, research, project implementation, and management.
- Assistance in budget planning, monthly follow up and review the expenditure relevant to the project to ensure the correct spending against the project indicators and goals.
- Support and help the project activities identified in the proposal and workplan to make it as efficient and effective as possible.
- Prepare the regular update meeting internally with team and the Manager to report the progress of the project and the challenges to find the best
- Assist the Manager to draft the donor report as requested to update the project and challenges.
- Help the Manager to process of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the project.
- Support the Manager to coordinate/collaborate for healthcare activities with relevant partners and ministries mainly the Ministry of Health.
- Support the research activities under the project.
- Support and review all technical documents related to the project with the Manager.
- Assistance in management by meeting with team and regularly travel to sites in the target province to do on-site visits or meetings etc.
- Supervise the field team/outreach staff who run the project in the field by regularly travel to fields.
- Working closely with Manager and the marketing and communication team to ensure the design of the project activities are fit for the beneficiaries and answers the needs of target
- Help to prepare the represent PSI at relevant meetings, workshops and trainings as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in social science, community development, management, public health, or related field.
- Experience: Three years working experience in health, nutrition, community, rural development/ethnic groups, research, reproductive health, Health- Center Design (HCD), project management or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in working with local partners, Lao government, and private sector organizations/stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Lao and English Competency: Excellent English and Lao language both writing and speaking is required.
- Speaking the local language (Hmong, Khmu, and Akha) or others ethnic languages is required.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft office software (Words, Excels, PowerPoint etc.); knowledge of qualitative insight will be a plus.