Project Assistant for XTPPL - 1 position
Work location: Xekong Thermal Power Plant (XTPPL), Vientiane Capital, Lao P.D.R.
Working day: 5 days, off: 2 days (Mon-Fri, 8 hours/day).
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Manager in the overall implementation of the project. Project Assistant performs administrative tasks according to the instructions of the Project Manager and ensures smooth communication between all relevant parties. During project development phase and prior to financial close and commencement of the construction of the project, the Project Assistant will carry out the following tasks;
- Assist the Project Manager in overseeing the activities of the consultants and project team members at head office and/or at site;
- Assist the Project Manager in convening and reporting periodically on the status of the project to the Project’s top executives and the government;
- Assist the Project Manager in managing internal and external communication;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing, reviewing and following-up of meetings materials and presentations;
- Assist the Project Manager in establishing of Project’s information and documents control system;
- Assist the Project Manager in managing the project’s office and administrative works;
- Assist the Project Manager, work altogether with the project’s financial advisor in respect of investors solicitation process and subsequently negotiating the investment agreement with potential investors;
- Assist the Project Manager, work altogether with the project’s financial advisor, in arranging fund raising for the Project;
- Assist the Project Manager in bidding process for the appointment of the contractors;
- Assist the Project Manager in negotiating and developing major project’s documents such as power purchase agreement, concession agreement, shareholders’ agreement, construction contract and financing agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in any fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in intermediate or associate level working in either private or government sector.
- Knowledge or experience in project development, power business, finance or legal would be an advantage.
- Good command of English, both written and spoken skills. Chinese is preferable.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and collaborate well with others.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel upcountry or abroad occasionally.