Environmental Supervisor – 1 Position
Work location: Xekong Power Plant Co.,ltd (XPPL), Kaleum District, Xekong Province, Lao P.D.R.
Working day: 45 days, off: 8 days including travelling days (9 hours/day).
This position will be working based at site office, Kaleum district, Xekong province to assist and support Social & Environmental (S&E) Department, report to S&E manager and S&E Department with all responsibilities as following:
- Manage and supervise overall environmental works owned by Xekong Power Plant Limited (XPPL) and Xekong Thermal Power Plant Limited (XTPPL), and PSG;
- Review environmental plans and responsible for monitoring construction, exploration, and exploitation activities to be compliance with NSEIA and NSEMMP report.
- Set-up environmental management system in the site including preparation of environmental monitoring formats, site inspection schedule;
- Provide technical advice/training on implementing environmental management measure, environmental impact assessment, environment equipment including: water, air, dust, noise parameter monitoring and other relate to environment division, bund of spill prevention, soil disposal, borrow area, quarries, waste deposit and hazardous material, settling ponds, camps, erosion control, re-vegetation and site rehabilitation;
- Assist with the waste management program activities;
- Responsible for environment data management, analysis and report writing;
- Work closely with consultants by ensuring the environmental performance of contractors are complied with the applicable standards in the environmental obligations and ensuring up to date the legal of government environmental regulations;
- Prepare the environmental related documents and reports as required by GoL and Donors under instruction of the Line Manager;
- Ensure reporting on environmental works, including environment risks, hazards and incidents in workplace; And support weekly, monthly, yearly reporting for XPPL;
- Budget preparation for environmental activities and reporting;
- Participate weekly joint environmental site inspection in the site;
- Coordinate with other departments within XPPL in order to facilitate the environment and social works;
- Support the preparation of visit from independent monitoring advisor and other partners: preparation of field visit, documentation, etc;
- Other tasks assigned by Phonesack Group.
- Degree in environmental engineering, environmental sciences or related field required;
- At least 5-year experience in a similar position, experience on mining environmental, health and safety compliance monitoring and inspection and experience in cooperation with the local authority, and community for environmental works. Previous experience in these works will be preferable:
- Development of environmental programs, including experience in working with environmental agencies/consultants;
- Experience in EIA compliance; and
- Experience in managing an environment program of coal mine-mouth power plant project;
- Knowledge of GIS and Maps, excellent mapping, analyses, monitoring and reporting skill;
- Strong planning and organizing skills;
- Strong capacity to explain and mobilize communities around environmental issue and solution;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Lao;
- Good computer literacy, GIS, and Microsoft offices Suite, including Word, Excel, Microsoft Access, and Power Point;
- Be flexible, reliable and trustworthy;
- Ability to work proactively and with initiative;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Willing to work on site conditions and at difficult conditions sometimes; and
- Be able to work and meet tight deadline and also under pressure.