- Senior Road Maintenance Officer – 1 Position
Work location: Xekong Power Plant Co.,ltd (XPPL), Kaleum District, Xekong Province, Lao P.D.R.
Working day: 45 days, off: 8 days including travelling days (9 hours/day).
Duty Description: Responsible for assisting with the planning, organization and direction of all activities and staff related to the county’s Road construction project and maintenance operations in order to maintain and keep the roads safe for the public.
- Supervises and directs the activities of assigned staff; coordinates, prioritizes and
assigns tasks and projects; tracks and reviews work progress and activities; directs
the recruitment and selection of staff; undertakes disciplinary action as required;
conducts performance evaluations.
- Recommends selection of staff; trains staff and provides for their professional
development; administers discipline as required.
- Implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the
division; assists with the management of the division's budget.
- Supervises a variety of road, right-of way and drainage and flood control programs,
such as the pavement management program, curb, gutter and sidewalk maintenance
program, street sweeping program, Road Grading program, snow and ice control
program and subterranean drainage.
- Schedules construction and maintenance activities, oversees and evaluates work in
progress and ensures that all activities meet specifications, codes and regulations.
- Resolves questions and complaints from the public; provides information regarding
projects, construction or repair schedules and departmental activities.
- Assists in the identification of capital contract project needs and capital equipment
needs, budgets appropriately; assists with supervision of construction programs and
- Maintains liaison and directs coordination with other County departments, various
utility, governmental agency and County departmental staff; ensures that all codes
and regulations are met in assigned projects.
- Assists with the supervision of contracts with and confers with construction
contractors and County staff; schedules projects; provides technical oversight,
inspects work in progress and ensures that all work complies with contract
specifications and applicable codes and standards.
- Directs the maintenance of accurate records and files and prepares a variety of
periodic and special reports and correspondence.
- Performs duties of Road maintenance staff as required.
- A bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Public Works Engineering or in Road Engineering
- with an additional 2-4 years of relevant work experience can be accepted in lieu of the civil work;
- four (4) years of progressively responsible road maintenance;
and construction experience, including experience maintaining the types of roads and road surfaces found in Laos; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and
- Fluency in English and Lao with very good writing and oral skills;
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning,
organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and
- County, state, and federal laws, statutes, ordinances related to public works
infrastructure construction and maintenance activities.
- Statistical analysis and mathematical concepts.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development,
implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees through multiple
levels of supervision.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in
a team environment.
- Principles and practices of accounting, budget development, and administration.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including records management.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic,
ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.