- Senior Fleet Officer
Work location: Xekong Power Plant Co.,ltd (XPPL), Kaleum District, Xekong Province, Lao P.D.R.
Working day: 45 days, off: 8 days including travelling days (9 hours/day).
Organize, monitor, and supervise the fleet operations within the XPPL Office, establish and monitor schedules for vehicle maintenance, coordinate the acquisition, maintenance, and dissemination of the XPPL Office fleet.
- Plan, prioritize, assign and supervise the staff responsible for vehicle and fleet maintenance;
- Establish schedules and methods for vehicle maintenance services;
- Monitor work activities to ensure compliance with Company established policies and procedures;
- Work with chauffeurs to correct deficiencies and implement discipline procedures to maximize high quality service;
- Monitor and maintain accurate records regarding fuel usage, daily float of vehicles, travels to project sites, vehicle insurance record logs, vehicle licence/registrations, chauffeur’s travel documents, etc.;
- Ensure that all chauffeur’s travel documents are maintained up-to-date and extended in due time;
- Ensure that all fleet permits & licenses are maintained up to date and extended in due time;
- Coordinate with all the Project Sites for any vehicle arrangements required and update the XPPL Daily Manifest accordingly for the Office Manager’s review prior to dispatching to all parties concerned;
- Prepare purchase requisitions for parts, supplies and tools as necessary;
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective actions as necessary to resolve complaints concerning chauffeurs;
- Arrange and coordinate the transportation of personnel/visitors throughout the project sites as required for site visits and normal rotations;
- Be on-call for all matters relating to fleet management;
- Prepare weekly and monthly fleet reports for submission to the Office Manager;
- Other related duties as directed by the Office Manager from time to time.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervisory methods to be able to manage the fleet operations in the Fleet Supervisor’s absence.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures relating to safety, personnel and budget development.
- Knowledge of rules, policies and procedures relating to vehicles, passenger transport and record maintenance.
- Knowledge of various recordkeeping systems, inventory methods and report formats related to the documentation of vehicle fleet statistics.
- Ability to plan schedules, give guidance and assign the work of subordinates through verbal or written instruction.
- Display high standard of ethical conduct, Display a high level of initiative and effort
- Pay attention to detail and commitment by completing assignments efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Follow policies and align behavior with the goals of the organization.
- Foster and facilitate cooperation, trust and team spirit throughout the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and Power Point;
software is preferred;
- Fluency in English and Lao with very good writing and oral skills;