- Mining Supervisor - 1 position
Work location: Xekong Power Plant Co.,ltd (XPPL), Kaleum District, Xekong Province, Lao P.D.R.
Working day: 45 days, off: 8 days including travelling days (9 hours/day).
Provide safe and close supervision to the shift crew with close attention to all mining machineries. Must uphold the company’s code of conduct by displaying the appropriate work attitude and teamwork. Observe and adhere to the workplace health and safety policies.
- Responsible in the supervision of all crews during his shift work;
- Responsible in the supervision of extraction of ore and waste and deliver to proper tips;
- Ensure all OHSE policies and (SOP) Standard operating procedures are fully implemented by all workers under his control.
- Ensure minimization of equipment damage;
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all areas of the mine;
- Responsible in the supervision of proper operations of all heavy mining machineries. Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor/Superintendent with regards to the requirements and support of mining operations and other activities during the shifts;
- Responsible in the supervision of construction job in the open pit such as bridges, drainage system, safety berm etc;
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are reported;
- Perform any other related work/s as may be assigned by his immediate supervisor or manager.
- ensure adherence to all aspects of safety issues, including mining equipment and raise any concerns with Line Manager
- supporting and tracking the production of the mine from the processing of raw materials through to the shipping/extraction/piping out of the mined product
- Minimum 3 years relevant and proven experience in Mining Industry;
- Experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 2 years
- Requisite knowledge of the machinery, tools, equipment, and materials common to the role;
- To demonstrate knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations for this role;
- Aptitude for mining supervision and associated relationship management;
- Leadership with ability to supervise a team;
- Proven ability to develop others;
- Demonstrate time management and task management skills;
- High degree of integrity and honesty in all dealings;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and Power Point;
software is preferred;
- Fluency in English and Lao with very good writing and oral skills;
- Leadership and Coaching skills
- Well-developed negotiating skills in an industrial environment
- Organization and planning skills