The Finance Officer will prepare vouchers related and statements to ensure accuracy in accounting records to be forwarded for final submission and approval to the Finance & Operations Director to support all projects activities and operations; provide assistance to supervisor to maintain good internal control over receipts and disbursements; prepare and reconciliate weekly/monthly/yearly ledger accounts before sending to Finance & Operations Director to review. Assist and support the Finance & Operations Director on budgets to support project activities effectively and timely.
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial report packages and send to Finance & Operations Director to review and verify before submit to Regional and HO office.
- Prepare quarterly financial report to government at Provincial & District Levels.
- Prepare journal, receipt and payment vouchers, accumulates documents in support of the voucher and seeks for proper approvals, ensuring all financial transactions are in compliance with Winrock International policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly’s salary and fringes calculation and do accrual as needed and send to Finance & Operations Director to review and verify.
- Doing data entry in the Accounting Software/Excel Sheets and Field Office Vouchers on day-to-day basis.
- Verify accuracy of all invoices and assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
- Review grant’s advance and settlement to make sure all documents support are full compliance with USDA and Winrock policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with programs team, programs finance support officer at Vientiane & Pakse’s office for their expense report (Per Diem & Trip Reports).
- Tracks travel advance and advance settlement in compliance with travel policy
- Gather projected expenses from program and operations to prepare monthly wire request
- Maintains close contacts with the Operations & Finance Director, Accountant at Regional and HO level.
- Responsible for finance filing.
- Work closely with external auditors during financial/tax audits and project auditing.
- Ensure full compliance with USDA and Winrock policies and procedures
- Serves as a backup for programs finance support officer and the Operations & Finance Director.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in financial report packages preparation.
- Experience working with NGO, USDA or USAID funded would be a plus. English Competency: Good English in both writing and speaking
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and well coordinate with internal and external partners.
- Self management skills
- Hard working, committed with the deadline and able to work overtime.
- Have integrity mindset
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
Key knowledge and skill:
- Used QuickBook Accounting software fluently.
- Good knowledge in using excel spread sheet.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret information quickly
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have high computer skills on Ms word, excel and PowerPoint
- Have good presentation skills.