The purpose of this role is to monitor and enforce the compliance with KCB Technology Group Technology Policies, Standards, Guidelines and Principles.
The job holder will be expected to lead and manage a team that will come up with strategies and tactics to monitor the consistent application of Governance processes and Systems configuration guidelines in conformance with KCB Technology Policies.
He/ She will be expected to generate management reports highlighting areas of exception and propose interventions required to remedy the gaps.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related from a recognized university.
- Professional qualifications such as COBIT, CGET, CISA or CISM.
- 10 years’ experience in Information Technology with at least 8 years’ experience in one of the following disciplines - IT Governance, IT Security, IT/IS Audit, IT/IS Risk.
- Prior working experience in a leading formal IT General Controls for at least 3 years.
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows & Unix.
- Experience with Network Services and protocols and Internetworking Technology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to actionable elements.
- To monitor Technology Systems Status against set baseline standards and configurations, generate exception reports, assign actions and track remedial measures.
- To drive compliance to KCB Group Technology Policies, Standards and Processes through awareness, education, proactive reporting and escalations.
- To periodically review and report on the status of IT General Controls, recommend adjustments and changes required to improve efficacy.
- Manage and lead a team that drives compliance and adoption of Technology best practice standards within the organization
- Periodically review the implementation of Core IT Processes. Track resolution of any identified gaps. Such processes include:
- Technology Change Control Process,
- Backup & Recovery Processes,
- Disaster recovery processes
- Cyber security processes
- Logical Access Management Processes,
- Incident and Problem Management processes and any other as may be determined.
- To review Governance and Control Instruments covering new and Emerging areas of Technology including Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation.
- Review risk management tools and practices within IT, including Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA).
- To Monitor the status of IT Operational Checklists and Playbooks and support system administrators in mitigating gaps in the current instruments.
- Facilitate co-operation with Internal and external auditors coordinating access, provision of information required and tracking resolution of identified gaps.