1. JOB PURPOSE
Purchasing Officer are primarily responsible for preparing purchasing orders. He/She will compare purchase orders to requisitions to decide whether the orders are adequate and adjust product quantities when necessary. Also, he/she handles all customer and supplier inquiries regarding orders, status, changes, invoice payments, and cancellations.
2. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create purchase orders and send them to chosen vendors.
- Supervise orders and determine if product quantity is sufficient. Make appropriate adjustments to orders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing reports, records, and updated price lists.
- Interact with suppliers daily to develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
- Track delivery times, and report any issues with product or delivery.
- Monitor status of orders and contracts.
- Calculate all order costs and evaluate invoices for accuracy.
- Determine when products are unusable or damaged.
- Handle deliveries with short or over-ordered product, goods not received, and damaged items.
- Ensuring that the product inventory is always in compliance with company policy.
- Others tasks assigned by Supervisors
3. QUALIFICATION AND JOB REQUIREMENT
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 2 + years experiences in related field
- Highly personable, with the ability to quickly build relationships
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Creating and implementing a procurement and logistics plan
- Analyzing skills and Presentation skills